Date: To be scheduled in 2021
Time: 8AM to 4:30PM
Registration Fee: $395.00 (*plus additional material costs – see below)
Course requirements: None
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Gift Certificates available!
This is a follow up course to Introduction to Woodworking and expands on the subjects already gone over in the initial course.
The project in this course will be designing, proportioning, and building a table. We will cover wood selection, making a detailed materials list, what wood works best for the parts of the table, drawer construction including dovetailing and fitting the drawer, and shaping vs. buying table legs.
We will demonstrate shaping on the band saw and edge sander, strengths of various joints, table top edge detailing, and allowing for seasonal movement.
- Combo square
- Tape measure 16′ x 3/4″
- Set of bench chisels, 4 piece 1/4″ to 1″
- Deadblow mallet
- Dovetail saw. We use Japanese style saws however any type is fine
- 6″ rule
- Notebook and pencil
*Material Cost: This class will offer making either a 18″ x 42″ x 18″ coffee table or 28″ x 42″ x 16″ hall table, with a drawer, with either a straight tapered leg or turned leg.
- In Maple with straight tapered leg + $175.00
- In Maple with turned leg + $225.00
- In Cherry with straight tapered leg + $225.00
- In Cherry with turned leg + $290.00